CSR - Corporate Social Responsibilities
Our Sustainability Indicator
Scope & Strategies:
- Underprivilege Community
- Provide aid & relief to the poor, aged, sick, old, disabled, orphans & victims of violence & abuse.
- Support & assist in the welfare of local communities.
- Support projects relating to environmental sustainability.
To be an active participant in creating a sustainable and caring society.
Giving back to our communities in every way we can
Our business has positively impacted the communities where we operate. We will continue to achieve sustainable social, environmental and economic value through our CSR initiatives. We also address major global community challenges by following the UN SDGs guidelines.
Total Social Contributions in FY2021
TOTAL CONTRIBUTIONS RM 312K
>30 CSR projects in FY2021
>200 volunteer hours by employees during paid working hours
CSR projects cover education, environment, social welfare & health & safety
Results & Outcomes
- RM 200K monetary contributions to local schools to support needful students
- 500 paid working hours by TGIB to support staff on recycling and reducing carbon footprint education
- Supported >400 people affected by Covid-19 by providing essential items
- Donated our pallets (converted into temporary bed frames) to Hospital Sultan Abdul Halim to ease the hospital bed shortages
- Collaboration with Invest Kedah and MITI (Ministry of International Trade and Industry) to set up PIKAS PPV centre
- Collaborated with associations & government agencies to support the net-zero goal
- Supported MPMA’s (Malaysian Plastics Manufacturers Association) initiatives on environmental issues, our executive director promotes sustainable plastic packaging as the speaker in MPMA Plastech Month 2021
Thong Guan Foundation
- In 2019, Thong Guan Foundation was established to provide assistance and relief to the poor, aged, sick, old, disabled, orphans and victims of violence and abuse.
- In March 2022, Thong Guan Industries Berhad sponsored RM1 million to Thong Guan Foundation to support the charity efforts of the foundation.
Helping others during hard times
Contribution to society
To get through the COVID-19 pandemic together, we actively responded and supported our communities through CSR activities.
Adapting to the new normal
The world made significant progress in addressing the Covid-19 challenges, yet the disruptions still impact us on many levels. From cancelled business travel to virtual meetings and investment in automation. We made efforts to support our employees working remotely.
We are proud of our employees and their commitment to our business continuity during this period. We all share the same value of contributing to society.
We offer our gratitude to everyone who helped safeguard the well-being of our employees and look forward to working alongside our partners, suppliers, customers and other stakeholders to continue delivering outstanding products and solutions that benefit society.
In FY2021, we
- Supported >400 people affected by Covid-19 by providing essential items to them through our F&B business unit
- Donated our pallets (converted into temporary bed frames) to Hospital Sultan Abdul Halim to ease the hospital bed shortages during the Covid-19 critical period
- Collaborated with Invest Kedah and MITI to set up PIKAS PPV centre