Personal Data Protection Act & Privacy Notice
1. IntroductionIn compliance with the Personal Data Act 2010 (“the Act”) and its regulations, this notice is issued to all our valued clients and/or prospective clients. This Notice will inform you of your rights with regards to your personal data that has been and/or will be, collected and processed by us.
2. Collection of Personal DataWe have collected and will collect your personal data to be processed by us and/or on your behalf in the course of your present or future dealings with Thong Guan Industries Berhad, its subsidiaries, and its associated companies (“Thong Guan”, “TG”, “we”, “our”, or “Company”). Your personal data enables us to achieve the “Purpose” herein that is in connection with our business.
3. Description of Personal Data
b) Identity Card no;
d) Email address;
e) Mobile phone no.;
f) Passport no;
g) IP address;
h) Images (still/recording);
i) Sensitive personal data; and any
j) Personally Identifiable Information (PII) defined by international privacy law or standards
4. Purposes of Collection of Personal DataThong Guan will use clients’ personal data for the following purposes, including but not limited to:
a) recruitment purposes;
b) effective customer service/investor relations engagement;
c) commercial transaction in relation to the Company’s business;
d) registration for interests in webinars, launching events, promotions, offers, etc.;
e) downloading brochures, white papers, posters and product materials;
f) marketing and promotional efforts;
g) internal administrative purposes such as auditing, data analysis and research and development;
h) for security and fraud prevention;
i) preparation or execution of written agreement or document regarding the Company’s business;
j) dealing with government or non-government bodies, agencies or institutions in conjunction with our business, including our sales products or after-sales services.
5. Sources of Personal DataThong Guan may obtain clients’ personal data from the following sources, including but not limited to:
a) Application forms;
c) Business cards;
d) Download forms;
e) Inquiry forms;
f) Social media platforms; and
g) Any engagements that require the submission of clients’ personal data.
a) as and when required under the law to disclose;
b) for dealing with government or non-government bodies, agencies or institutions in conjunction with our business;
c) for the authorised usage of Thong Guan;
d) for circulation of product materials for the Company; and
e) for the usage of external auditors or any other third-party appointee or data processor as we may deem necessary to facilitate your dealing with us.Third-party data users and/or data processors are held legally responsible for securing your personal data at a comparable level of security in relation to the applicable data protection laws and widely accepted industry standards. You may at any time withdraw your disclosure consent given in whole or in part subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and reasonable notification time period by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting the CONTACT tab on our website.