Social Supply Chain
ETHICAL SOURCING GUIDELINES
Ethical sourcing guidelines is a sustainable and responsible approach to supply chain management and sourcing. TG Group of companies is committed to ensure that the products procure are source in a responsible and sustainable way, including but not limited to it was produced by non-forced labour and in a safe and fair working environment. To the extent possible, we require the items we procure is made from the sustainable source and the supplier is care on the environmental and social impacts in the course of doing business.
Compliance with this sourcing guidelines is an important requirement to trade with TG group of companies. To make it effective, we practice the below:
- Provide a clear sourcing guidance and training provided to buying staff.
- All new major vendors will have to go through a new vendor assessment.
- Where requested, selected suppliers are required to undertake activities to demonstrate their compliance with the guidelines
- Selected suppliers will have to reply to our ethical sourcing questionnaires.
- Vendor’s acknowledgement to our policies related to ethical sourcing.
- Visitation to the vendor’s facilities.
- The supplier shall demonstrate their commitment to address the following subject matters, of which the details are stated in vendor assessment questionnaire:
– Energy use
– Climate change impacts
– Water use
– Biodiversity impacts
– Waste reduction
– Resources use
– Any other environmental issues
Policy Relating to Ethical Sourcing
Policies in place within the TG group relating to sourcing include-
TG buyers should demonstrate integrity at all times and take the time to understand the fundamentals of ethical behaviour when selecting and managing suppliers.
All major suppliers are made aware of the policies and to practice it at all time when dealing with TG group of companies.
Our Ethical Sourcing Standards
Bribery and Corruption
- Suppliers shall not engage in acts of bribery and corruption and shall not falsify documents and records.
- Provide a workplace free of discrimination and harassment.
- Provide fair and equitable wages, benefits, and other conditions of employment in accordance with local laws.
- Comply with local working hours regulations.
Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected
- Employees have the rights to join or not join an industrial association of their choice and that they are not to be discriminated against or victimised on the grounds of membership or non-membership of an industrial association.
- To comply with local rules & regulations on health and safety requirements of workplace.
- Adequate steps shall be taken to prevent accidents and injury to health in the working environment
- Suppliers will ensure that personal protective equipment is available (for protection of noise, dust, chemical etc) and workers are trained in its use.
Child Labour & Forced Labour
- Does not employ any person below the 18 years of age (or any age according to local law) at its workplace.
- Prohibits the use of forced or compulsory labour in its premises.
- No employee is made to work against his/her will or work as bonded/forced labour, or subject to corporal punishment or coercion of any type related to work.
- Minimum wages policy is adopted and is in compliance with local law.
- All statutory deductions (EPF/SOCSO/EIS/HRDF) is comply with and employees are make known to the said compliance.
- Working hours comply with local law requirements.
- Total weekly normal working hours shall not exceed those permitted by the local law (i.e.,in excess of 48 hours per week for Malaysia)
- Overtime shall be mutually agreed, shall not be excessive, overtime shall be compensated at a rate according to law.
Discrimination & Harassment
- We emphasis on equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate in the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on account of race, colour, sex, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability or marital status or otherwise as may be prohibited by the local laws.
- Harassment or intimidation of a client, staff person or guest because of that person’s race, colour, sex, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability or marital status shall be prohibited.
Sustainability & Environment
- The supplier shall comply with national and local environmental laws and regulations
- The supplier shall dispose of its production waste in accordance with local environmental laws and regulations with respect to solid waste disposal, hazardous chemicals storage and management, air and water emissions.
- To the extent possible, the supplier are encourage to use recycle materials, materials with low carbon footprint, shown efforts in CO2 emission reduction in their production process as well as the willingness of using green energy in their production.
- Supplier must use human procedures and sound practices designed to prevent the mistreatment of animals and ensure the proper handling and humane slaughter of animals.
- TG group is committed to ensuring that sourcing of the raw materials used in our products is obtained in a responsible and sustainable way, and that social and environmental impact is always taken into account during the sourcing process. Raw material production and sourcing must also comply with local laws as well as international standards and must not lead to degradation or destruction of ecosystems and biodiversity. No vulnerable or endangered species must be used.