Thong Guan’s mission is to create equal opportunities for everyone. Come work with us and do what you love.
THONG GUAN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WHO VALUES DIVERSITY.
The Human Resources Department
Thong Guan Industries Berhad
Lot 52, Jalan PKNK 1/6,
Kawasan Perusahaan Sungai Petani,
08000 Sungai Petani, Kedah, Malaysia.
As a growing corporation, we are always on the lookout for capable, confident, and committed individuals to serve our expanding operations both in Malaysia and abroad.
We hire individuals with the knowledge, skills, abilities, and motivation that will enable us to maintain our competitive advantage in an increasingly competitive environment.
We welcome talents who strive to be innovative and add value to join our team and grow with us.We are confident that you will find the right opportunities at Thong Guan.
We also provide industrial training opportunities for university undergraduates.
For more opportunities whether you are a fresh graduate or an experienced professional, please send or email your resume with a recent passport-sized photo of yourself to us.
- Set machines parameters and requirements and ensure that these are accurate before production for extrusion/cutting begins.
- Determine machine status, line scheduling, model, and raw materials balance quantity for extrusion to ensure efficient shift work.
- Ensure that the correct specifications and machine process parameter setting comply with the specified production model.
- Ensure the proper program, material, and process checklist are according to the specified model.
- Ensure the products are manufactured to comply with the quality and process stated on the Order Form.
- Repair minor machinery problems, if possible, to ensure minimum downtime.
- Ensure efficiency (machine and products) during shift changeover.
- Check quality yield status, and if defects increase above the margin, take immediate action or report to the supervisor and the engineering department if due to machinery problem.
- Ensure all production processes adhere to the operating instructions.
- The candidate must possess at least a certificate and above.
- At least 1 to 2 years of working experience.
- Preferably in Engineering & Electrical or equivalent.
- Provide Engineering support to the Plastics Engineering Team
- Support team and complete the tasks which requires from onsite. For ex. Follow up with core team for reviews and approvals, molding team, procurement team, characterization test, verification test and documentation per Design change plan.
- Assist and execute design change activities in a regulated environment while meeting project deliverables.
- Quickly learn in any procedure and operate the equipment/instruments.
- Establish and maintain process validation testing and documentation of new and existing molds, machines, replacement resins, and processes
- Utilizes Critical Thinking – Deals with complex concepts comfortably; is knowledgeable, capable and agile. Effectively copes with change and deals with ambiguity; doesn’t let perfect get in the way of better; curious and learns on the fly.
- Customer focused – dedicated to exceeding expectations of internal and external customers; establishes and grows effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect through mutual unfiltered feedback.
- Drives for results – Acts quickly and has a sense of urgency. Can be counted on to establish high expectations, drive change, multi-task, and have impact.
- Team Oriented – Creates strong commitment and promotes open dialogue, defines success in terms of the whole team; is inclusive and values input; inspires a feeling of purpose and value. Values everyone’s work.
- Uses complete understanding and wide application of technical concepts, theories, standards, and practices in chosen field and is expanding knowledge or related Disciplines. Full knowledge of industry standards and practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other technical degree required.
- 1-3 years’ of experience in manufacturing or process engineering in a plastic molding environment.
- Experience with injection molding, and secondary processing operations related to plastics in a high-volume operation.
- Experience using CAD/CAE tools (SolidWorks preferred), GD&T, Minitab (or other statistical analysis software), and project management tools.
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of critical material properties of polymers and how they influence the molding process and final product.