We continue to divert our waste from operations from going to landfills to reduce our environmental footprint. Our long-term waste management approach covers both internal and external waste management.
Our quantifiable target set for internal & external waste management include:
Internal waste management
Post Industrial Plastic Waste (PIW)
We monitor our daily plastic production waste in our continuous effort to reduce in-house plastic production waste. The production manager will investigate if the plastic production waste percentage exceeds the internal threshold set.
We aim to achieve zero internal plastic production waste by 2023. This means 100% of our industrial waste will be turned into PIR resins. It is achieved by recycling our plastic production waste back into the production process.
Our actions plans
- Have a dedicated team to oversee the internal waste management process.
- Segregate plastic production waste by grade, type and colour to control the quality of our PIR resins.
- Report the output and consumption of PIR resins weekly.
- Invest in recycling machines to enhance our recycling capabilities.
- Hazardous waste (disposed off by licensed hazardous waste recycling operators)
- Non-hazardous waste (non-regulated waste such as metal, paper will be disposed off to waste collectors)
We channel the money collected through non-hazardous waste disposal into CSR activities and staff welfare.
It is in our culture to adopt TG GREEN practices. As such all employees strive to reduce, reuse and recycle our non-hazardous waste to divert them from landfills.
In FY2021, we have converted 481 MT of post consumer wastes into green products.
Hazardous waste was disposed and managed in accordance with legislative requirements. There is no environmental fines and penalties incurred from financial 2019 to 2021. Hazardous waste disposed by two major subsidiaries are as follows:
The two major subsidiaries contribute to 65% of the Group’s production output.
5 of our subsidiaries were certified under ISO 14001:2015 – ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM. These 5 subsidiaries contribute to 85% of the Group’s production output.